About The Course
The CGP is a prelims-cum-mains mentor-led Guidance Program which provides a single and unified 360-degree preparation roadmap for UPSC Civil Services Examination. The program commences well ahead of the exam to give students ample time for preparation.
What are the various stages of the Program?
- Classes will be held in both Online (LIVE) & Offline mode and with duration of 2.5 hours,one class per day.
- Classes will be in hybrid mode. This means that even for offline students,some modules may be conducted in online mode only.
- Once enrolled in the course,the student will have access to the classes in online and offline mode. Online access to the course will be there for next year as well, this means that CGP 2023 course videos can be accessed online till Mains 2024.
- Classes will be complemented by crisp and concise handouts/ study material.
(Please note that handouts/ study material will not always be an exact replica of
the class. They may differ in content
- Sundays will be earmarked for Benchmark Tests at a fixed
time in disciplined manner.
The program is divided into 4 stages covering the lifecycle of Civil Services preparation.
Phase 1: This is the first phase of the program. In this Phase, the focus is on developing right concepts, newspaper reading habits, learning how to “scourge” or filter what is important and what is not, making notes of static topics, and covering the basics. This is done by the below methods
- Online / Offline Classroom Sessions
- Providing Newspaper Handouts for Reading
- Providing Static Handouts for Studying
- Benchmark Tests for Timely Self and Group Appraisal
Phase 2: In Phase 2 of the Program, students are introduced to Mains Oriented classes covering important Current Issues across Paper 1,2,3. Selective topics that are important for the Mains examination is done through weekly Current Affairs Classes. These classes are supposed to be taken after the basics are done, as there is a significant expectation of basic static concepts coverage before we commence with this.
Phase 3: In Phase 3 of the Program, the students are geared for the Prelims Examination exclusively. In this phase, students are supposed to revise whatever they have done in Phase 1 and gear up for the actual competition. Candidates will be required to attempt Tests in a highly competitive and disciplined environment at 7 AM in the morning. In addition, candidates will be expected to cover Level 1 of expected Current Affairs issues from Mains perspective. Level –2 of Current Affairs for Mains Perspective (will be covered in Phase 4 )
Phase 4: In this phase of the Program, candidates commence with special focus on three things exclusively – Answer Writing in Time Bound Tests, Coverage of Issues Important for upcoming Mains and Essay. Depending on the Cohort the candidate is admitted to, additional classes focussed on Mains may also be held at this time. Before the final Mains examination, candidates are required to simulate the Mains examination over a period of 4 days, before writing the actual Mains examination.