About The Course
ForumIAS Geography optional foundational course is designed keeping in mind that students are new to the subject. So, the course will start from the scratch. Most basic concepts will be taught first to create a robust foundation for the subject. Successively advanced and complex topic will be covered, in a chapter wise manner, in accordance with the UPSC-CSE geography optional syllabus. Theory taught in class will be supplemented with relevant diagrams, maps and examples.
An examination centric approach will be followed in ForumIAS Geography optional foundational course and syllabus will be covered comprehensively. Special emphasis will be given on a answer writing practice.
Some of the distinguishing features of the course are:
- The most complex terms and concepts will be explained in the most lucid way possible.
- Comprehensive coverage of all the topics with example/case studies based on current affairs; Use of diagrams, maps, and flowcharts to visualize and memorize geographical data.
- Geography is a subject of synthesis. So, a good geography answer also explores various inter-relations. Keeping this in mind, special attention will be given on answer writing practice.
- Use of interdisciplinary correlation to enhance understanding of the geographical phenomenon.
- Classes will be interactive. Students will be encouraged to ask questions and a conducive environment will be provided to promote critical thinking in the class.
- For every class, the students will be provided handouts that will spell out the essentials through short and crisp bullet points. These handouts will carry previous year questions on that specific topic.
- On every topic, crucial/vital additional information will be given to help you fetch higher marks.
- Previous year questions will be discussed in the class.
- The classes will be significantly inclined towards interaction and discussion so that everyone remains engaged throughout the duration of the class.
- 15-20 minutes towards the end will be dedicated to discussing previous year questions after the end of every chapter.
- Weekly tests followed by a focused discussion on the strengths and weaknesses and suggestions to improve.
- The teacher will provide quick and easy-to-remember references that will significantly add to the overall appeal of students’ answers.